Call for Abstracts
London Computing Education Research Symposium
11 June 2018
Bush House, King’s College London
The first conference to be held by CERC will be on 11th June 2018 at King’s College London, Bush House.
The London Computing Education Research Symposium is a one-day conference for computing education researchers to share their research, meet others with similar interests, and set up collaborative projects. It will be held on the 11th of June 2018 at King’s College London, Bush House.
This symposium will enable the sharing of a range of innovative academic work in this broad field. The purpose of the conference is to bring together academics, researchers, students and teachers who are interested in computing education.
The theme for this year is Computing for All with abstracts solicited under the following themes.
- Removing barriers to computing education
- Computing for all ages
- Motivation and interest in computing
- Equity and inclusion in computing
- Gender balance and computing
- Computing around the world
- Learning, teaching and assessment of programming
- Tools and techniques for teaching Computing
- Pedagogical approaches which make Computing accessible
- The implications of mandatory computing
We invite you to submit abstracts by 20th April of 600 words or less.
Your abstract may relate to computing education in school, higher education or in an adult learning environment, and to either formal or informal learning.
Author(s) of an accepted abstract will give a 15-minute presentation at the conference. If accepted, we would recommend that you prepare a paper as well as a presentation that you can circulate at the conference.
|Submission deadline for abstract||20th April 2018|
|Authors notified||7th May 2018|
|Camera-ready abstract submitted||20th May 2018|